Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 2 With Eva & My First Day Back At Work

Kind of a whirl wind of a day.

David took Vincent to Chinese school this morning, while Tyler, Eva and I stayed in Seattle. I accidentally left the small stroller in the car, along with the Ergo baby carrier. I was planning on taking the kids on the bus to downtown, but the lack of helpful baby gear poses a challenge.

Then, I remembered that I have a sling. So, I packed us up a snack, checked the bus schedule, changed a poopy diaper, made the other go potty, scrambled here and there, and we were out the door.

The kids loved the bus ride, of course. And, really, they were both great and cooperated with me in keeping them safe. We went to Barnes & Noble to play at the train table. Unfortunately, they don't have many trains, even though the table itself is great. The kids lost interest quickly, and wanted to snack. So we did that. Then, we went to the toy store upstairs. Totally should have gone there first.

Before we knew it, it was time to head back home. Okay, who am I kidding, really? I was ready to head back. The kids weren't bad, just busy. And, since I didn't have a stroller, I was carrying quite the load.

We had to wait about 10 minutes for a bus. That's kind of a long time when you have two toddlers, especially when you have one you are putting a death grip on to keep safe. And, on the ride home, they were a bit more antsy. Needless to say, I was glad to arrive home safely, and let them run around freely inside the house.

We had lunch, then it was naptime! That included a nap for me.

I woke around 3pm. I had a whole chicken that I marinated yesterday for David to roast. I also had some pizza dough made that I pulled out for him to roll out, top and bake. By 3:45pm, I kissed David and Vincent good-bye (Ty and Eva were still asleep) and headed to Lark.

I met John at Lark by 4:15pm, where we loaded up the back of his car with food for an event at the Chihuly Boathouse. Oh, yeah. This is where I would talk about how I'm going to try going back to work, very part-time. I'm so fortunate that my old boss was open to having me help him out a little to get my feet wet, again. We're sort of seeing how things work out, and will work in more shifts as needed, or if I have more time. Right now, I'm there one night a week. It's exciting for me, and a good change of pace for our family. It'll be challenging at first, I'm sure, but I think it'll be a positve move for us.

As I said, the event was fun. It was a wine, food and auction for SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival). Super neat space. I got to see some awesome glass blowing, taste delicious food and wine, and have a spectacular view of Lake Union. Not to mention checking out some of Dale Chihuly's neat collector's items, like a convertible car that looks like Sir Topham Hatt's little blue car. Okay, it's much nicer than Mr. Hatt's.

When I got home, David had just gotten all three kids to bed, but they were still a little fired up. I went in to say "good-night". On Eva's first night, she was the excited one. Tonight, it seems like Tyler's the one. Again, they eventually all fell asleep, and tonight was faster than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment