Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Much Needed Exercise

Tyler and I were back to the gym today. So nice to go. He was happy to be there, too. He did try to get "one more kiss" from me about 3 times. He would have kept going if I hadn't cut him off.

I did a total of 3.25 miles in about 40 minutes. I had it in my head that I would just take it easy today, but once I got in there, my body just wanted to run. So, I ran at a pretty fast pace (for me) the first mile, then walked on an incline the second mile, and ran the last 1.25 miles, ending with 6.5MPH pace. Not a track star, but for me this was pushing it a little. It felt good to get my legs moving, again.

After the gym, we headed to QFC. This past week, they advertised a whole free-range chicken for $1.69 each. I knew this must've been a typo, but I figured I'd see if I could get a super great deal anyway. They wouldn't honor the ad because they supposedly caught it really early on and posted signs all over the store. Oh well. It was still a good deal per pound.

Yesterday, Vincent asked a lot about Tyler off and on. Today, Tyler asked about Vincent. Those boys spent a lot of time together this summer. I'm sure it's a little weird to be the only child for a few hours. It's sweet of them to think of each other. I had let Tyler pick out a bag of Pirate brand snacks. He picked Smart Puffs, and kept talking about sharing with Vincent. Ahhhh, so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment