Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wallingford Playfield, Roasted Green Beans, and Marjorie

On Wednesdays, we're supposed to meet friends at different playgrounds around the city, but I have us scheduled to go to the gym on those mornings. Yes, I can do other days, but it hasn't worked out that way for us this summer. So, I take my boys to the gym, then try and race over to whichever playground it is, and hope to meet the rest of the group. Unfortunately, I've been pretty unsuccessful.

It was no different today. I did see a couple of friends as they were heading out to lunch, but I had packed us a pretty big lunch, so I was determined to save us a little money. I feel pretty proud of our lunch, actually. Vincent and I had salami and cheese sandwiches. Tyler's not a fan of lunch/deli/cured meats. He'll eat sliced turkey sometimes, but doesn't prefer it. For him, I packed a cup of whole wheat penne pasta. I also packed us some sugar snap peas from Halina's garden, and grapes. We ate it all!
And, since this was a new playground for us, the boys enjoyed exploring it. Especially since we did run into a friend of Vincent's from preschool and her little brother. The four kids actually all played together for a good chunk of time.

This afternoon, I cranked up the oven, and tested out a whole wheat pizza dough I made a few days ago. I figured the kids and I could eat it as a snack before t-ball practice. It wasn't bad. Still not the slightly charred, salty, chewy deliciousness like Via Tribunali or Tutta Bella, but healthier. And, since I had the over up so high, I decided to try roasting green beans on a hot sheet pan in a hot, hot oven. YUM.
We ate the beans as a snack before and during t-ball practice. I also freshly popped popcorn in the Whirly Pop for the boys to take along.

David watched the boys tonight so that I could go to dinner with girlfriends. They had pizza and green beans.

I went to Marjorie. I still need to write a Yelp review, but it was an interesting experience. Our dinner lasted over 3 hours. Not what we had expected. Luckily, the food was super tasty, but the service was a little painful. Really? Three hours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment