Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sparkles & Peach Crisp

Vincent: Mommy, I love you so much.
Me: I love you, too, Vincent.
Vincent: If I had sparkles, I would sprinkle them on you so you can be pretty.

Was that a compliment?

We went to View Ridge Park for the first time today. We met up with two other sets of brothers and their moms. Once again, so interesting to see the way 4.5 year olds try to manage their friendships. There were three older brothers and three younger brothers. The three older boys played together and were frustrated at one point because they all wanted to tell the others what to play, etc. There was some hitting and some tears, and then resolved (with a little help from mommies, of course). Meanwhile, the little brothers all had their own agenda. Max worked on pooping and peeing in his pants (first week of big boy pants!), Hendricks followed the big boys around, but didn't really play with them, Tyler wanted me to push him "up into the sky" on, you guessed it, the swings. All-in-all, a good outing, even if there were several meltdowns.

We came home for lunch with A-gong. It went pretty well. The boys finished off a whole box of mac 'n' cheese, which they don't normally do.

While the kids napped, I went out for a little jog. It wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped. Part of it was I shouldn't have taken the route that I did. I know better now.

This afternoon, I felt like the boys just didn't want me to cook dinner, though they didn't say it. It was one of those afternoons where I wasn't cooking anything major, but it took forever because I had to stop and troubleshoot for them non-stop. Seriously, I even bought the chicken, already roasted and hot for us. And, then, dinner was bumpy, too. At least it ended well, and we all (except Tyler) enjoyed this delicious dessert. Thank you, Alice Waters.
I loved when my dad asked, "Did you buy this or make it?" And, when I said, "Remember those peaches on the counter I said not to eat? Well, they're in here.", and his eyes widened up, I felt pretty accomplished. Vincent loved it, too, which made me feel great. Two out of four of my favorite males liked something I made. And, I'm sure it would've been three if David was here.


No comments:

Post a Comment