Monday, August 8, 2011

I Think I've Got 3 Miles Down & Stuff About My Kids

Earlier this summer, I told David that I wanted to be able to just run 3 miles and feel good. I think I've finally gotten it down. I mean, I felt this way a couple of weeks ago when I ran 3 miles in about 33 minutes. Though I was sweatin' up a storm and pretty tired, it felt really good. I felt strong. I took last week pretty easy at the gym, since I had a cold. I'm still coughing, but I decided to get back on the treadmill and see how far I could go. I set my goal for 3 miles, and I made it. At one point, I wasn't sure I'd make it. Seriously, I don't ever intend to be a marathon runner, not even a half. I would truly just like to run 3 miles, without feeling Death knocking on my door. Then, maybe, just maybe I could do the 10K Shore Run next year, or some time in my life. I think 3 miles is a good start.

Enough about me. what about these cute boys of mine?

After the gym, I took the boys to a nearby playground. Vincent did such an awesome job climbing around. He wanted to do this chain thing, but said, "I'm not ready, yet." Finally, he was...

Tyler did his fair share of climbing, too, but needed my help a couple of times. He could totally do it, but would get halfway up and seem paralyzed. This playground has two areas. Once they were done with this area, they moved on to the smaller kids' side. Vincent can finally work one of these playground exacavator things. It's pretty awesome for him! Tyler, well, not so much.
There was even a brief moment of brotherly love.

For lunch, we went to Grand Central Bakery where Vincent and I shared a salad with croutons. He wanted to know how they are made. So, I told him I'd show him after his quiet time. As promised, we made croutons together this afternoon. And, I made caramel, and the boys helped me make peanut butter, caramel cookies. Unfortunately, as soon as they were bored, then went off to play, and then argued over something stupid, which then pissed me off. Sheesh! Deep breath, Yang. Deep breath.

After the pissed-off cookie incident, I decided to pack us up a picnic and head to the playground early before Vincent's T-Ball game. Our picnic didn't quite turn out as I imagined in my head. I spent the whole of Vincent's game hanging out with Tyler in the playground and didn't catch a single bit of it. Vincent told me later that he "hit the ball wilwy hard!" It's a good thing we had plans to meet some friends at the alehouse afterwards. I figured I'd order them some more food there. I'm not entirely sure if Vincent ate all his food, as his plate disappeared somehow right after he said he was done. I think he ate. Tyler ate just about all of his. Nonetheless, they had a blast there, with other kids and grown ups alike. I got to sit, drink 2 beers (!) and chat with friends. It was the perfect ending to our less-than-perfect day. I got the kids home wayyyyy past bedtime, but they were super easy to put down. YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment