Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blueberry Picking

There is sunshine in Seattle this week! Woohoo! Earlier in the week I thought about taking the kids blueberry picking, since they should be nice and ripe and sweet. Then, that very same day, I forgot about this fantastic summer activity. Lucky for me, the next day at the gym, Andrea mentioned that she wanted to take her daughter, Eva, berry picking. What a coincidence!

Tyler and I met up with Andrea and Eva at the Mercer Slough Blueberry Farm (http://www.myparksandrecreation.com/ParksTrails/Details.aspx?pid=35 and http://www.ci.bellevue.wa.us/blueberry_farm.html ) after I dropped Vincent off at summer camp.

This was Heaven-on-Earth for Tyler. Once I explained to him which ones we could and could not pick, he went right to work...eating. I was able to get a few into his bucket without being eaten...right away. By the end, I had 2 pounds of freshly picked blueberries in my bucket, and he probably had a pound of in his belly, and an empty bucket. Hey, blueberries are one of nature's superfoods, right? And, we had a great time! Ty and Eva ran up and down the rows of bushes and trees, squealing.
Tyler with his bucket, ready to go.
"Cheeeeese!"



No comments:

Post a Comment