Friday, August 12, 2011

Overindulged Evening

After Vincent and I dropped off Tyler at daycare this morning, we headed to ProClub. Tyler was sad at drop off, and then Vincent was tough at the gym. Both were clingy, which is especially weird for Vincent.

When I picked Vincent up, he wasn't being too nice to me, so I said we'd just go home and hang out there, rather than go out and do something fun. We had lunch here, which I thought was super yummy. Well, he had a couple small slices of leftover pizza (homemade), but I had some of the leftover Poulet Basquaise from last night, but with a twist. I added some sauteed chard with chopped olives, garlic, shallots and capers. Turned out really tasty.

After lunch, Vincent just wanted to hang out in the backyard. He asked for me to fill up the little pool so he could shoot water with his little squirter. I sat and read a little in my book, Growing a Farmer: How I Learned To Live Off The Land, by friend, Kurt Timmermeister. He was actually kind of excited when he saw the book in my hand. I'm assuming he recognized it from Kurt's book reading back in the winter. He wanted me to read it outloud to him. No thank you, my boy. I wanted to just sit in the sun and read quietly to myself while he ran around spraying water everywhere (except on me). I did manage to get some reading in, though not too much. And, after a while, Vincent said he was ready to go back inside.

We came in, and I was sleepy from the sun, so I suggested we take a rest. We got into bed with me, and actually fell asleep beside me. Sweet. When nap was over, I started chopping vegetables for dinner while he played on the iPad. Then, we picked up Tyler.

For dinner tonight we had grilled tenderloin steaks (super freezer find!), grilled zucchini, and sauteed green beans with corn and cherry tomatoes. Yummy, fresh, pretty light. Tyler ate up his steak super fast, asked for more, and then some more. We ran out, and he was still hungry. He ended up with a Costco pork tamale, which he shared with all of us. Vincent, for the first time, proclaimed, "Mmmmm, I love it!"

Our overindulgence came after dinner, when I told David I've been craving Trophy cupcakes for about a week now. He took Tyler out to U Village to grab us a some while Vincent and I started watching "Mary Poppins." Yes, as in Julie Andrews. Gosh, I love that movie! So, we had the cupcakes, then Vincent wanted popcorn, so we had that. But, we ate it up so fast, we made a second batch of popcorn. And, I had a beer. I'm full.

Tyler was tired and went to bed first. Didn't make a fuss at all.

Here's a cute picture of Vincent from tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment