Monday, August 29, 2011

I Think I May Have Worn Them Out

Tonight, when I was putting the boys to bed, Tyler rubbed his little eyes and said, "I'm tired." Sweet. Vincent seemed tired, too. He looked like he was going to fall asleep in the car this afternoon to and from the playground.

With no plans for the day, I just kept thinking to myself, "Go have some fun..." So, I took them to Bellevue Square to run around the kids' play area for about an hour. Though I was regretting it as soon as I got on the 520, it turned out to be a good time for us all. Vincent had one bad moment, but both boys were super excited to be there. They were rewarded for their good behavior with a lollipop each. I didn't tell them that, and I mainly gave it to them to keep Tyler from falling asleep on the car ride back to Seattle.

We stopped at our house to pick up my dad. He wanted to get a few art supplies, which is conveniently located next door to the cheap conveyor belt sushi spot we like. While there, we ran into Tyler and my previous teacher from our tots class, with his daughters. We didn't eat lunch with them, but they finished up at the same time as us, so we all headed to the playground nearby. Vincent and Carmen enjoyed holding hands while we walked over, and then playing together. They were having a conversation, which is so cute at age 4.5 years.
Ty went on the swings, of course. Vincent was working on pumping his legs and swinging on his own. He looks so huge in this picture.

At quiet time, A-gong read a book to Vincent. It's a Chinese story, but he read it to him in English, which is interesting. Then, the two of them laid down to nap. Vincent didn't actually sleep. Afterwards, when I asked him if he did, he said, "Well, I had my eyes closed and I tried, but A-gong was waking me up because he snored too loud." Ha! Ha!

Once they were done resting, A-gong went outside to do a project. Vincent really wanted to work with him. I suggested letting him sand a small spot on the deck. And, that's just what he did for about 10 minutes. It was cute to see them working together and Vincent putting so much effort into the job.

His work got cut short because I wanted to take the boys to the playground to meet friends. We took their bikes with us, and both boys rode around. Okay, Vincent wode around, Tyler sort of did.

So, in total, the boys went to three playgrounds today. That might be our record. I can see why they're tired. They went right to bed without a peep. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, David. No, just kidding, he doesn't smoke, and I don't want to jinx myself for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment