Monday, August 1, 2011

Back At Summer Camp

Vincent started another week of summer camp today. He seemed happy, though quiet, when I dropped him off. Tyler didn't say a word, but as we were walking back to the car, he quietly said, "Bye, Vincent." It was so sweet.

Tyler and I went to the gym. He was very happy there. Afterwards, I took him with me to get a blood draw. He was kind of freaked out by it, even though I assured him it was just for me. When I was done, he said, "I want Daddy to see that," pointing to the cotton ball with tape over it on my arm.

Then, it was time to pick up Vincent. When I got there, one of the camp counselors was reading them all a book. When she finished, she told the kids they could turn around and see who came to pick them up. The kids all seems in a daze. Vincent said he had a really good time at camp, but didn't really tell me much about it.

This afternoon, Vincent had a t-ball game. We got there an hour early so that he could play with his friend, Julian, and I could spend time with Julian's mom. Tyler and Julian's little brother sort of just ignored each other, as usual.

Tonight, David and Tyler played with trains downstairs, while Vincent and I went upstairs and did a puzzle together. It was nice for us to both have a chance to spend with one kid individually. After the puzzle, I got Vincent ready for bed. Once he was in bed, I told him a story, about Snow White. Tyler and David joined us for the second half of the story. And, of course, no more than 5 minutes after the kids were tucked in, Vincent came out of the room because he needed to poop. And, of course, Tyler followed, saying he had to pee. Bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment