Friday, August 26, 2011

Nice Day With Vincent

Tyler went to daycare this morning. Vincent and Ba went with us to drop him off. It's near Lake Washington, so the plan was that we'd take Vincent's bike out with us, and Ba/A-gong could walk along next to V, while I get a jog in. And, that's just what we did. Vincent didn't ride for too long. He actually crashed into A-gong, and gashed up his knee...A-gong's not Vincent's. Not too bad, though. When I got back from my run (2 miles along the lake), they were hanging out on the docks, checking out the water. It felt really good to get that run in.

We got back home and while I showered, A-gong and Vincent made paper airplanes. Those suckers flew really well. The key, as Ba said, is getting it "balanced." And, a paperclip at the nose helps, too.

Once they were done with that, Vincent helped me with my dinner idea. Yes, it began at 11:30am. It's because I wanted to buy ground chicken at the store the other day, but didn't like the selection, so I opted to buy organic boneless, skinless thighs, and grind the meat myself.

It was a whole lot of work for about 20 eggrolls. I don't think I would've felt like I was cooking all day, if I didn't have to keep stopping to take care of others. We grinded the meat, then stopped to make/eat lunch. We V and I were done with lunch, I made my dad's lunch. While I did that, Vincent sat in the living room "reading" himself a book. It warmed my heart.

So, I cut up all my veggies, cooked them, cooked the chicken, and then let them all cool. Vincent and I took a break and watched some vintage Mickey Mouse shorts. Yeah, like "Steamboat Willie," and other black and whites. He loved them!

Around 3:30pm, I remembered that we needed to make the actual eggrolls. I put the filling on the wrappers and Vincent rolled them. I had to supervise and correct him on each one, but he did really well. And, the best thing ever? He said, "This is so much fun." Awwwwwww.

Meanwhile, Ba finished off the framing for our new garage door. It's really impressive, and looks so much better. This one wasn't even on our To Do list.

We all went to pick up Tyler. Vincent fell asleep in the car on the way. Oh yeah, Tyler was not happy about going to Panda today. I had to bribe him (bad mom!) with candy. I agreed to let him have a lollipop that he picked out in the morning, when I pick him up in the afternoon. Sure enough, he asked about it as soon as we walked out the gate to the car. He was so happy, though.

We took my dad to the farmers' market, but had to wake Vincent up. He was not happy. He complained about an upset stomach, then asked why Tyler had a lollipop and said he wanted a treat. I had one for him, too. I know better. But, it didn't really help. We didn't get to stay and enjoy the market. But, A-gong did buy Tyler two half pints of blueberries. Heaven.

Tonight's eggrolls dinner was a hit. We also had some rice and some Chinese water spinach, and a tomato.

After dinner, we all watched "Ernest Goes To Camp." Ahhh yea!


No comments:

Post a Comment