Thursday, August 25, 2011

Another Day of Camp, Another Day of Work

Last day of summer camp this year. Tyler did not want me to leave at drop off. Vincent, of course, was excited and went right to playing. Finally, I had to ask Vincent to help me get Tyler playing. It was really sweet and cute. Vincent was on the play structure, jumped down, and kind of did this little dance over to us. He put his hand out and said sweetly, "C'mon, Tyler, let's go." Tyler let go of me, walked over to Vincent, and Vincent put his arms on Ty's shoulders, and off they went.

When I got home, Ba and I headed to Home Depot. In the 9 years in Seattle, I have never been to Home Depot. I can't even remember the last time I was there, period. I've always just gone to Lowes. But, for some reason, Home Depot seems to have it together more than Lowes does, customer service-wise. Slightly.

The rest of our day was sort of the usual, with my dad trimming the pine trees on the side of the house, while the kids napped, and I piddled around the house.

I was going to let Vincent listen to stories on my old iPod, but had to download them onto it. When I was doing that, Vincent complained about how long it was taking, which frustrated me. I ended up just having him take a nap. He actually did look tired, and he did fall asleep.

When he got up, he asked to listen to them, so I let him. Tyler hung out with me while I prepared dinner. We had Hebrew National hot dogs, with whole wheat buns. We also had grilled yellow squash, a light red cabbage slaw, roasted curried cauliflower, and grilled fennel.

After dinner, David and I took the boys to the school yard for some biking. A bunch of neighborhood kids ended up there, too. Including our neighbor, Tessa. And, Stella followed us there. All the kids were super amused by her and loved petting her. The slut. Actually, at one point, she seemed overwhelmed and was sort of running away from them.

Once we got the boys to bed, David and I snuck out to get a little drink out on the deck at Eastlake Bar and Grill. We're really liking that deck overlooking the lake. We got these smokey cheddar fries. Whoah, that's decadent.

No comments:

Post a Comment