Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sandbox and Yard Work

While Vincent went to Chinese class this morning, I rushed over to Toys R Us and bought a sandbox and sand. It barely fit in the back of our car, but I was able to safely drive us home.
Tyler was so excited, he stood up and stomped around happily, while Vincent did some serious diggin' around.

Vincent's been asking for new sunglasses, since Tyler broke his last pair, so I picked up new ones for each of them.
I thought, for sure, Vincent would ask if he got Lightning McQueen, but instead, he asked, "Did you get me Spiderman?" I almost, but opted for the Hot Wheels one because they looked bigger than all the rest.

With all the sunshine, David and I couldn't help but do some diggin' around of our own. While the boys napped (or so we thought Vincent was doing), we pulled weeds, dug up plants and moved them, planted new ones, and put in grass seed. I also started a container box of lettuces and chives. We really love our new outdoor space. It's so much work, but mostly pulling weeds.

Here is one of the beds I worked on, and the bed that David dug up to put down grass. 
Seems a bit of a shame to pull out all those plants and flowers, but we did move a bunch of them, and most were weeds.

And, with all our hard work, we, no I opted not to cook dinner. I was in the mood for Fuji Sushi in the I.D. So good. The boys were a little tough to start because they were really hungry and Vincent was demanding his food, "Right Now!"

Here's Tyler, happy to have eaten some food. He was curious what the sushi chefs were doing, so I took him over to watch a little.

Another cool thing about our new house is it's proximity to a market. It's not big, but not terribly small, either. They have a couple of ice cream cases. You know, the kind that sells similar stuff as you can get off an ice cream truck, minus the character pops. We took the boys there to pick out dessert. They both wanted Push Ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment