Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day 2011

Ahhhh, and it was sunny.

Vincent and I had our Friday afternoon date. We didn't do a whole lot. I had a few ideas, but never followed through. Instead, we ate lunch at home, and read a book about explorers. It was nice out, so we called up my friend, Jen and went over to her house to play in the backyard with her boys.

It's amazing to me how sunshine can brighten your spirits. When it came time to leave and pick Tyler up, Vincent made a fuss, but it just didn't seem to bother me much. Was it the tiny dose of Vitamin D? Probably hanging out with Jen made a difference. Or both.

When we picked up Tyler, he was outside riding around on a little car. He was so happy. I feel really fortunate to have found this daycare for him. He's sad when I drop him off, but it's gotten so much better, and there aren't any tears.

We had plans to have the Hildebrandts over for Earth Day dinner. There was some time between picking Tyler up and when they'd be over, so I took the boys to the schoolyard to ride their wheelies. 

Dinner turned out really nicely. David grilled chicken breasts and asparagus, and Andrea made a yummy sauteed asparagus and white bean dish. I made brownies with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Jon brought beer. Yay, beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment