Friday, April 15, 2011

"Born To Be Wild" Take 2

Since the tickets sold out last week for the IMAX 3D show "Born To Be Wild" I called ahead and reserved 2 tickets for Vincent and I to see it today. It's only about an hour long, but he loved it. Have I mentioned that Vincent doesn't have an off switch? Yeah, he asked tons of questions the whole time, and if he wasn't asking questions, he was making comments to himself about the movie. I finally gave up on asking him to be quiet. He also loved the idea of having popcorn for lunch. Hey, I packed some stuff for him, but he kept saying "no" when I asked if he wanted this or that.

After the movie, we came home and chilled out until it was time to pick up Tyler. He played PBS Kids games on my laptop while I tried to think of what to make for dinner.

As for Tyler, he went to daycare. He was a little sad during the drive over, and sad & clingy when we went inside, but he never actually cried. Su, his caretaker, invited him to join the group in storytime, and though he was still sad, he went over and sat down without tears. This is progress.

Dinner tonight: spaghetti with zucchini, sundried tomatoes, and capers. There was also some chopped shallots, garlic, basil, scallions, and some white wine. Ooh and lots of extra virgin olive oil. Finely shaved parmesan cheese was sprinkled on top. I thought it this was super yummy. Tyler enjoyed his noodles, but rejected the zucchini. Vincent accepted the zucchini, but didn't care for the noodles. Sheesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment