Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just Another Day

Nothing major happened today, unless you count that I crazy cooked in the kitchen this afternoon and only produced a few side dishes for dinner. And, David and I discovered Boulder Canyon Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt potato chips. All natural, yeah. Plus, we hardly eat chips anymore these days, so it tastes even better.

Speaking of dinner, I am making it a personal goal to do one vegetarian week a month in our house. Well, that is, I'll only cook vegetarian that week, but we don't have to eat all our meals that way. Still, I think it'll make a difference, somehow. Last night, I made a Swiss chard quiche. Tonight, I made creamy mushroom soup, red Inca quinoa with sauteed zucchini, and baked fingerling potato fries.

Tyler quite enjoyed the quinoa, rejected the zucchini, and ate a little bit of potatoes, until he gagged on the skin of his last piece. Oh, and he spit out the soup I tried to feed him. He was still hungry, so he had this apple/carrot sauce thing from Trader Joe's. Vincent enjoyed the potatoes, raved about the soup, but didn't eat it, and reluctantly ate the quinoa and zucchini. He then got pissed off at David for spoon feeding him his last piece of zucchini, saying, "You didn't need to put that in my mouth. I could eat it by myself!" Well, then, why didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment