Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Warmer

OMG, it's finally getting a tiny bit warmer. And, by warmer I mean, in the 50s. It's ludicrous that I'm saying this is warmer. What's even crazier to me is that I let my children go outside in shorts and t-shirts and play with water. They loved it.

I was lucky to snap this action shot of Tyler running through the yard. Doesn't he look big here? He's not even 3 feet tall, but he looks like a total kid.

I got some other fun shots of Tyler today. We had our class at Seattle Central. He was playing with these foam blocks and liked knocking them down.
 No, he didn't build this whole tower, with the colors nicely designed like that.

Both boys seemed to have really good days today. At school, Tyler was really sweet and loving to me. I think he enjoys having me play with him. Sadly, this is one of the few chances we get these days. He took a short nap, again, today. Vincent napped, and when I woke him up, he said he wanted to go back to bed. That didn't last long, since the idea of going outside with Tyler was too enticing.

Dinner tonight was pork schnitzel with balsamic onion tart and sauteed zucchini with corn. It's my first crack at making schnitzel (I think I may have made it in culinary school). I got the idea from America's Test Kitchen, but didn't follow the recipe. I used it as a guideline. I pounded my boneless pork chops, which their recipe didn't call for. It came out nicely, though heavy on the salt. I was amazed at how quickly I became full. Each pork was probably about 5 oz. and neither David or I could finish ours. Lunch tomorrow! The kids enjoyed the pork, but couldn't finish theirs, either. Vincent ate the zucchini and corn, Tyler picked the corn out of the mix, and both took one bite of the tart and rejected it. At least, they tried. They had creamy whole wheat sphaghetti.




No comments:

Post a Comment