Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Break, Day 4

Thursdays are my cleaning day. I get a small chunk of time to run around the house, frantically trying to clean, and then squeeze in a shower. I don't know how professionals get it all done in a couple of hours. I vaccum all the floors, but forget about washing 'em, too! At least today, I cleaned our bathroom on top of vaccuming. I even washed the floors in there. It was actually quite gratifying, especially taking a shower in a nice clean stall afterwards.
Vincent started back up with drama classes. Today's book was called, Owl Babies , by Martin Waddell.
When Tyler woke from his nap today, he wanted me to get into bed with him. Of course, I couldn't climb into his crib. Instead, I took him out and we layed in Vincent's. When I tried to get him out, he wanted to stay, so I took his picture because he looked so cute in the big bed.

Of course, I had to get one of Vincent, too.
Yes, he is wearing his race car driver costume, again. He's been wearing it since Monday morning. Well, he wears pajamas to sleep, and he didn't wear it to soccer.

Dinner tonight, I made meatloaf. In order to get Vincent interested in it, I asked him to help me with it. He seasoned the meat with salt. While he was doing that, Tyler was screaming in the background, "I help meatloaf!!" So, I let him dump the container of chopped vegetables into the mix. Later on, we had to check the temperature of the loaf, and when I asked Vincent to carefully insert the thermometer into it ("The pan's hot..."), he did so, but burned himself. And, he screamed and cried. Geeze, I felt so bad. He was fine after a few minutes, and did end up eating a little meatloaf at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment