Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break

Finally, it's spring break for Vincent. Not that I was looking forward to it, but it just seemed like everyone else was having it, and he wasn't. I suppose the nice thing is that things shouldn't be as busy around town now. I don't have much planned for us. Mostly just taking him along to the gym, which is where he went this morning.
Afterwards, we had 2 friends over for lunch and a playdate. Both boys were very happy to see the friends. They all did well, but were definitely rambunctious. No tears, though, which is always a winner in my book.
However, Vincent did get a little cranky after lunch, and was starting to rub his eyes. I was really surprised, and kindly asked our guests to excuse us (leave) so that the boys could get a little nap in.
Ahhhhh, quiet.
David came home early to take Vincent to soccer. Tyler and I met them a little later. Tyler enjoyed walking up this slope on our way to the car. It's actually steeper than it looks from this photo.
When Vincent woke from his nap, the first thing out of his mouth was, "Mommy, can please I have a lollipop?" Um, if it means he'll get out of bed and ready for soccer, SURE! I let him finish the pop from yesterday, on the condition that he stop eating it when he gets to the community center. He agreed. And, when soccer was done and he got back in the car, guess what went back in his mouth:
Ooh, we had a delicious dinner from Panacea. It was risotto with peas, and the boys ate it up. Tyler even asked for more peas. And, I steamed a couple of globe artichokes, just because. I was so surprised at Tyler's willingness to try the artichoke, and then amazed that he couldn't seem to get enough of it. With all this luck of him eating vegetables, I asked him if he wanted some lettuce. He said, "no." Couldn't hurt to ask, right? Vincent took some salad, and also had artichokes and peas. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment