Friday, April 8, 2011

Whirligig & Rock Climbing

My Friday afternoon date with Vincent this week was really good, despite the disappointments we had to start out.

I had plans to take him to see "Born To Be Wild" at the Pacific Science Center. Unfortunately, I forgot that April is spring break month in Seattle, and that there was a special Huskies event there. As we were waiting in line, a lady walked up next to us to the ticket kiosk and bought the last ones to the show! Bummer!

Vincent was very sad. He said, "I'm sad! I just want to sit down and eat my lunch and think of something else to do." I suggested that we go see if there are still rides at the Seattle Center. That totally perked him up.

But, the rides were closed. In fact, there were NO rides at all!

Luckily, Whirligig was happening. It's a bunch of bouncey houses inside the Center House. For $7.50, Vincent got a wristband that let him bounce as much as he wanted. He was elated.

The Giant Gumball Machine
The obstacle course.
 Small slide.
 Medium slide.
 Big slide.
I was so relieved that he had a great time. We hung out for about an hour and he went on bouncies 9 times, which was worth the price of admission.

Afterwards, we headed to our 3pm climbing reservation at REI. It was his first time trying. A few days prior, when I reserved the spot for him, he looked at the huge rock and wasn't sure if he'd want to do it. I assured him that he can do as much or as little as he wanted, and I did my best to help him out.

But, first, we needed some food. REI has a little restaurant upstairs, World Wrapps. We shared a bento box. And, to my surprise, Vincent wanted the potstickers that were included. He has not liked those, ever. But, he tried one, and kept eating. And, asked for another!

And, now, the climbing!
Listening to instructions & rules.

Like a pro.
He didn't make it up to ring the bell (he only climbed up about 6 feet), but talked about how next time he'll ring the bell, for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment