Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring Break, Day 5

It's Vincent's last day of spring break. I guess, techinically, he has this weekend.
We dropped Tyler off at daycare, and Vincent and I went to the gym. We made plans to meet David for lunch at Tutta Bella. I don't know if all their locations do this, but the one at Westlake offered a lunch special: $10 for a small salad or soup and an 8" pizza, with about 5 to choose from. David and I did that, and we ordered Vincent a bambino, basically a cheese pizza. It's their regular 12", and he can eat about 1/2 of one of those. He loves their pizzas. I traded him one of mine, since he liked the salami on it, for one of his. He said, "Mmmmm, this is so super yummy."
I had planned on taking him to the Seattle Bouldering Project afterwards, but during lunch, he seemed like he may have wanted to go home and rest. He kept saying, "I just want to relax with you, Mommy." We both ended up taking a nap, to which he was quite sa about afterwards because ran out of time to do anything fun. I felt so bad, so I offered for us to have a movie night this evening (more on that later). He think he has come to really enjoy these afternoons we have together, and so have I.
We picked up Tyler, and headed to PCC market to pick up chicken. I've heard that they let kids pick out and eat a free piece of fruit while there, but I've never tried it, until today. Apple for Vincent, banana for Tyler.
This is what we had for dinner.
Note the beautiful grill marks on this chicken that David made. I'm so proud of him with how well the chicken came out tonight. We also had grilled Essential Bakery whole wheat rolls, and whole wheat pasta with crimini mushrooms, zucchini, brocolette, and tapenade. There was a little bit of Swiss chard from last night's meal thrown in as well. The tapenade was something I made yesterday, too. Just chopped Castelvetrano olives, capers, garlic, and shallots with a little olive oil all mixed together. It's my new thing to throw a teaspoon or two into stuff.
Ooh, also, check out what Vincent drew in drama class yesterday! I discovered it this morning when I was cleaning out his lunchbox to replace with a new snack for the day.
Seriously, this is awesome! He wrote his name, and clearly, this is an owl. Okay, I thought it was a squirrel, and he corrected me. Just a couple months ago, he was drawing these weird cone-shaped things with lines across and a tail coming out the bottom and calling it a rocket ship. And, now, a squirrel-like owl. My dream of naming him after two artists so that he may one day follow in their footsteps is fast coming true.

Oh, and the movie tonight. The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer. NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD. NOT. GOOD. There's a reason why some movies are for free on Netlix's watch instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment