Monday, April 4, 2011

Catching Up

I'd be lying if I said that this is the first time I've missed a day of posting. I've made up for it by fudging the date on my 'post options.' I've only done it for being day behind, and probably only about 3 times. I'm 2 days behind, though. My excuse it that I didn't have my computer with me, and even though I've set Blogger up to do mobile uploads, it hasn't worked for me. David was my guest writer, but I'll cut him some slack, since he had his hands full.

Anyway, I'm back in town now. As David said in the last post, there was some complications with a broken gas cap the night we were heading to Portland. Luckily, I had Halina to help keep me calm, and she knew her way around Federal Way. Once that was fixed, we hit the road, but it was a tough drive. Lots of heavy rain in the beginning and end of the drive. The roads in Portland were also slick with water, and I was surprised with how many cars were out. A couple of big trucks with spray coming out behind them made it hard to see, too. I was really gripping that steering wheel hard. I'm glad I didn't do that drive all alone.

We stayed at McMenamin's, The Edgefield. What a neat place! Lively, for sure. After a little snack and a beer, we were ready for bed.

Saturday, April 2nd - Lucy had forgotten her bathing suit. Not good, since the pool at Edgefield is heat and salt water, and so lovely. We had to get her a new bathing suit. We went to Costco and found one for a good price. We spent a good chunk of time lounging in the pool. So nice.

Oh, before the pool, we watched two ladies doing some glass blowing in the studio onsite. Amazing.

For lunch, we ate at the pub, also onsite. I'm telling you, this place has everything. Winery, brewery, glass blowing, day spa, a few cool tiny little bars, clay studio, herb garden, vineyard, golf, distillery, coffee roaster, and did I mention there's a hotel? The pub even has a movie theater. Kind of like an all inclusive resort, but not really.

We hung out on the grounds for a while, moved into a bigger room for the second night, and then got ourselves ready for the evening. Dinner was actually happy hour at Clarklewis in the city. Then, we came back and did the wine tasting. Most lively wine tasting I've been to. Live music, tons of people, and we had a blast. Lucy mom was cracking us up. At one point, this old man asked Halina if she spoke English, to which she promptly shook her head.

David cooked dinner for the boys that night. He made them lunch, too. I'm so proud of him. Lunch, they had grilled cheese sandwiches. Dinner, they had ground beef nachos. The boys played in the dirt in the backyard while David prepared dinner.

Sunday, we slept in and took our time checking out of the hotel. We drove back into town for brunch at a place called, Mother's. Cool restaurant space. A long wait for a table, but it didn't matter because we didn't have hungry toddlers with us! It was a delicious meal. The best part was the virgin bloody Mary Lucy ordered, and the Breakfast Nachos Halina got.

As for my guys, David took the boys on the bus out to Bellevue Square, where they played on the big foam boats.



I made it home quicker than expected. I met up with the boys at the ale house, and when I walked in, I saw Vincent racing down the ramp from the back of the restaurant to greet me. It was so heartwarming. Tyler, on the other hand, I could hear crying in the background. David said he started crying before I even showed up. Both boys were taking turns hugging me and sitting on my lap. It was a nice homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment