Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chocolate Dipped, Round 2

I could not be defeated by my chocolate dipping disappointment last week. Tyler and I stopped in at Trader Joe's this morning, and I picked up a bag of their semi-sweet chocolate disks. "For baking, melting, and nibbling." We received fresh strawberries in our CSA box this morning, so this afternoon, I woke Vincent from his nap and had him help me dip them.

He wasn't so keen on doing it, but liked the idea of licking the spatula (and dipping his finger into the remainder of the chocolate) afterwards. Success this time.

For dinner tonight, I went out with my friend to La Bete. We shared their pork rinds & sauteed Swiss chard. Jill had the striploin steak and I had Tails and Trotters Farm Coppa Pozole with Polenta, Cabbage, Radish, and Pumpkin Seeds. Delicious. For dessert, we shared a chocolate salted caramel tart and coconut trifle. Both so good. I mean, goooooood. And, so different from each other. The coconut trifle was unique, refreshing, light, and interesting. It was the perfect end to our meal. Oh, and we had one piece of pork rind left, to which I asked Dan to put in a box,because I couldn't let it go to waste, knowing that my husband would have eaten it if he was sitting there with us. Dan said, "Tell you what, when you guys are just about ready to go, I'll have them fry up a fresh batch to take home to David." GET OUT! How cool was that? I loved the look of surprise and excitement on David's face when he opened the box.

As for my boys, I did cook them a meal before I left. They had a quiche with Swiss chard that I sauteed with chopped olives, capers, sundried tomatoes, garlic and shallots. I was amazed at how wonderful all these ingredients tasted together. I had gotten the idea of putting the olives and capers with the chard just a couple hours prior from Simply Recipes. If you like chard, you've gotta try this out!

And, they enjoyed their chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Thank you, for leaving me a few, Boys. That was kind of you to remember me.

No comments:

Post a Comment