Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whacky Wednesday

Okay, it wasn't so whacky. I just said that because we had what I called "Whacky Mac n Cheese" for dinner tonight. I had to give it a funny name to sell my kids on it, but I didn't come up with the name all on my own. I stole the name from the package of colorful bow tie pasta that I bought, called Whacky Mac.

Anyway, here's why it was whacky. First, I cooked sliced mushrooms with garlic. Then, I pureed some of the mushrooms in heavy cream and put that back on the stove with more cream. I brought that to a simmer, then added some frozen spinach. I let that simmer and reduce a little, then added my cheeses, mozzerella and some medium firmness, vintage sheeps' milk cheese. Tossed that with with pasta, and voila, whacky, macky, and cheesey. The boys quite enjoyed it, didn't complain about the spinach, and didn't know there were mushrooms.

I also wanted to mention what a nice morning we had. We went to the gym for me to get a quick workout. Then, we drove over to Queen Anne and met Jill and Alexis for lunch and playing. Twirl Cafe is where we went. It was a good experience for both Jill and I. Our kids sat and ate their lunches nicely. Then, the went into the play area, where it was being supervised by a nanny, so Jill and I got to chat, uninterrupted for about 30 minutes. When the kids were done playing, we took them down the street for some frozen yogurt at Menchies. Super cute, and fun idea, but I still think Red Mango is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment