Monday, July 25, 2011

Obsessions

This is old news, but since I'm on the topic of "obsessions" I should mention that one of mine and David's has come to an end. Well, we're both probably still obsessed, but the show is no longer on the air. That would be "Friday Night Lights." Yes, it was a really good show, even if there were many holes and errors, like ages of the characters, etc. We overlooked all that because, well, some things just aren't worth getting hung up about.

Anyway, on with what I really started to write this post about...

Vincent has a tendency to get attached to an idea and he will obsess over it so much, and be kind of a pain about it until I've had enough and have to make him snap out of it. It's like he is so focused on it that he sort of loses sight of what's going on around him. It's not like he's not safe, and will wander into danger or anything like that, but he just can't let go of whatever it is he's obsessing over. Today, it was playing with an iPad. There's a boy at the gym daycare who brings in an iPad. He lets Vincent have a turn with it sometimes. When I came to pick the boys up, Vincent didn't have a turn, yet. Rather than listen to me and get himself together to leave, he stuck to Sam. Once I was able to get him away, his first question to me was, "Can I play with Daddy's iPad when we get home?" And, he continued to keep asking as I tried to get the boys out the door. And, continued as I tried to get them into the elevator. I finally just said, "NO! Don't ask me anymore!" Sigh.

The biggest obsession in our family right now is Tyler's...with his penis. Warning, this is uncensored. Over the weekend he seems to have discovered his erection. He said to David at one point, "My penis is so big!" And, another time he said, "There's my big penis, again." And, this morning, when he woke early and came into our bed to try to sleep a little more, he whispered it again. He also enjoys grabbing himself. Ahhhhh, little boys.

How about what else happened today? There was a flat bed tow truck outside our house. They boys were out there checkin' it out, along with Stella. (Vincent is standing in front of David)
On this rainy day, the boys did a little painting and eating popcorn after naptime.
The rain stopped a little, so Vincent's T-ball game was not cancelled. While there, Tyler had a fun time chasing Lexie around. They did some hopping, running, grabbing my legs, and eating popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment