Saturday, July 23, 2011

Block Party 2011

After our ladies' night, this morning a few of us headed to Volunteer Park Cafe for brunch. The sun was out, and I felt hot (um, temperature, not h.o.tt ).

David and the boys had breakfast al fresco.
Then, they played with the slip and slide.
I came home and the moment I walked in, I was greeted by a 2 year old in just his underwear. Tyler came up to me as if I hadn't been away the last 12 hours. He just came up and said, "Why you home, Mommy?"
During the afternoon, David and Vincent played a game of chess on the iPad. David's been teaching Vincent to play. It's very cute.
After Tyler woke up from his nap, we parted ways, again. David took the boys to a bbq at the Dean's house, while I get myself ready for the Capitol Hill Block Party with my friend, Sheila.
I had a great time, but didn't really watch the bands play. Nonetheless, it was fun to get out and relax with a friend. But, it has been so long since I've been in this type of scene. I felt old, even though many of the people who were in the VIP area with us were closer to my age. Yes, I did say "VIP."
Meanwhile, David and the boys had a fun time, too. These were the text pictures I received.
Tyler found the raspberry and strawberry plants. In heaven. Then, he had himself some Hungarian stew.
 And, my favorite picture of them all, "Now he's talking to the chicken."

No comments:

Post a Comment