Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ho Hum

Nothing too exciting to report over here.

Gloomy day. Kids got to watch a half hour of 'Curious George' this morning before we went to the gym. I'm starting to think that maybe the reason I'll always have a muffin top is that I don't do anything about it. That is why today I did some abs exercises. Not a fan.

Ooh, I do have something to report! This is what Vincent ate for lunch today: a cured meat sandwich on a small whole wheat bun with basil mayo, munster cheese and lettuce. He ate the whole thing. Not a single complaint, and I even heard a slight "Mmmm," as he ate it. Tyler ate more than I expected of his cheese sandwich on 9 grain with parsley oil, but not much. He did eat his quinoa with black bean, corn and parsley. I'd say that's pretty sophisticated, if you ask me.

The boys and I did an art project this afternoon. I had gotten them keepsake boxes that are just a plain cardboard on the outside. Their project was to decorate them with stamps, stickers, papers, handprints, colors, etc.

Dinner tonight was Jen's saag paneer with a white/brown rice mix. The boys were so-so on it, but David and I chowed down.

Right now, the boys are with David shopping for a birthday gift. Can you guess for who? While they are gone, I cleaned vegetables from our veggie box that came today. I washed beet greens, lettuce, and carrots, and roasted Chioggia beets. The other stuff I just put into baggies and into the fridge. We have been doing well with our veggies this season. I love Oxbow Farm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment