Friday, July 8, 2011

Pink Elephant

Vincent and I had our afternoon date today. I picked him up from summer camp, and he and I sat outside the bathhouse with Rhys, Annika, and their nanny, Celine, trying to decide what we wanted to do next. This was tough for Vincent, as I said he could whatever he wanted. Finally, he said, "Mommy, let's go into our car and decide what to do."

Once we got there, he still had no clue. We started driving and discussing, but still no answer. Eventually, I decided that we'd get the car washed, then go to the Science Center. He was totally content with that.

At the Pink Elephant car wash, Vincent really wanted to watch the car go through the wash. I'm surprised this place doesn't have one of those viewing windows. I remember, as a kid, loving the veiwing window. Nonetheless, we stood outside and waited for our car to come through, and continued to watch other cars. Here's Vincent with a handful of M & M's I let him get for $0.25 while waiting.

After the wash, Vincent just wanted to go home and hang out there. So, we did. At home, I actually fell asleep in his bed while he looked at some books next to me. We then looked at a photo album of pictures from two Europe trips David and I took back in 2005. Vincent has a book on Paris and one on Venice, which David and I visited, so I was able to show him pictures of the sites mentioned in his books. Then, it was time to go pick up Tyler.

Apparently, Vincent was tired. We had left our house no more than a couple of minutes when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw him closing his eyes. He wasn't asleep, but I kept looking back from time to time, expecting his eyes to open, but they never did, and he eventually fell asleep. He slept all the way until we got back home and I woke him up.

I made pizza for dinner tonight. Everyone was happy for it! Yay! After dinner, we had movie night - "Flushed Away."



No comments:

Post a Comment