Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ahhhh, A Day With Us All Together

At 9:45am, Vincent asked, "Can I go outside to get a little fresh air?" Tyler followed, in his underwear.


Though I enjoyed my time away from the kids having a great time with friends, I was missing my family, and was happy to be able to spend the whole day with them.

It was a warm day, so after breakfast, we packed up a small picnic and took the boys to the wading pool at Volunteer Park.

Once I got sunblock on him Vincent was excited to get into the water.
Once he got to the edge of the pool, he totally hesitated/resisted getting in. He's clamping on to David's legs here.
Tyler wanted to snack first, of course.
But, once he was ready, he got right in there.
 
Then, Vincent didn't want to get his swim trunks wet.
Eventually, he let go, and enjoyed himself, but still barely got wet. Here's a cute picture of the boys having lunch. Tyler's leaning up on David's leg.

Tonight's dinner: QFC roasted chicken, coleslaw of cabbage, carrots and broccoli, roasted curried cauliflower, roasted Chioggia beets, and brown rice. I can't get the picture to come out correctly, so you can't see my beautiful coleslaw. For dessert, we had homemade Heath Bar ice cream.

After dinner, we went to Target to get t-ball stuff and camping chairs. On the car ride home, Vincent started spelling somthing. I realized it was his name backwards. When I acknowledged this he said, "I know how to spell names backward. Well, only mine, 'cause, I don't know to how to spell names."

No comments:

Post a Comment