Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cold

I'm cold, again. For a while there, even though it was cloudy out, the temperature wasn't too bad. I was optimistic that it would warm up today, and didn't wear enough clothing when we headed out for the day. The boys and I ended up at a playground, and I got cold. Hours later, I'm still cold.

But, the cold doesn't stop us from playing outside. Like I said, we were at a playground this morning. I had taken them with me to meet a woman that I may be helping out with some cooking here and there. They were a little more excited than I would have liked, so we didn't stay long. She has a wonderful garden and kitchen. And, she has tons of ripe strawberries growing out by the sidewalk. The boys were super excited when she told them they could pick some on our way out.

Louise's house is near Magnuson Park. I gave them the choice of playground or play gym. It's a great playground, and there were tons of people there. The two played well together, again. It's nice to see them being buddies.

This afternoon, we had a last minute playdate with JuJu and Max. They came over with Jen, and everyone had a nice time. I love when the kids are content, and mama's get to spend quality time together, too. Soon as they went home, Vincent and Tyler went straight to the backyard. We ate dinner on the back porch, too. I did get them back inside for a short while to help me make ice cream base and give David a chance to mow the lawn. Soon as that was done, they were back outside.

While out there, Vincent and I picked one of our two carrots out of the small flower pot they're growing in. His first words were, "It doesn't look ready!" Nonetheless, after a washing, he was happy to eat it up!


The boys also played "baseball" with David. Tyler posed with this pinwheel flower while saying, "Hi A-ma!"
 Tyler can't figure out that you hold the bat with two hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment