Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

It sure was hard to get the boys out of the house this morning. David left a little after 8:30am, and it took me another hour to get the boys out and to the gym. I thought we were signed up for 9:30-11:30, but it turns out it was 9am-11am. I didn't get us there until 10am! And, they were booked from 11am on, so there was no space for us. At least I got a quick work out in.

Afterwards, we went to the "firetruck" playground. Vincent has been asking to go there recently. He recognized the street it is on when we turned the corner and said, "We're near the firetruck playground." When I told him that's where we're going, he was excited. The boys played together for a long time. They were so cute and sweet, I had to go over and give each of them a kiss. After an hour, we ran into Athena, a friend of Vincent's. They took off playing together, and left Tyler. I felt so bad for him. As soon as Vincent left him, Tyler asked to eat. I wonder if that was for comfort or boredom, or if he truly was hungry. He must've been hungry. Vincent was. When we got home, he finished off the English muffin with peanut butter he only took two bites of at breakfast, ate some cheese, salami, a couple slices of nectarine, and more cheese. Tyler was tired and went straight to napping. The first thing he said to me when he woke from his nap was, "I want to eat."

After the past week of rain, the boys were so happy for sunshine and the freedom to run around in the backyard, again. I love it, too. They just entertain themselves out there. I prepared us an early dinner before Vincent's 2nd t-ball game. I grilled up a flat iron steak and served it on a baguette with homemade chimichurri. YUM.

At the game, Tyler and I mostly hung out in the playground. He liked the tire swing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment