Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stars Wars IV

Vincent and I had our weekly date. I took him to the gym, where he played with Dominic for the last time. His mom works at the daycare, and sometimes he comes with her. Today was her last day. We'll miss Alissa!

When I picked him up, Vincent said, "Mommy, let's go have lunch at home." Wow. Okay. That actually makes my life a little easier. I had a lunch packed for us, but it was nice to go home, eat it warmed up, in the comfort of our home. Afterwards, we hung out doing our own things, quietly, for about an hour, then headed out.

First stop, Lark. I wanted to visit John for a few minutes. I think everyone was more excited to see Vincent than me! In the backyard garden, we looked at the different herbs and the raspberries. John let Vincent taste the raspberries, which were yellow in color.

Next stop, Madrona Farmers' Market. I scored a great parking spot right next to the stand that I wanted to visit. There was a man playing a sitar next to us as well. Vincent stayed in the car and listened while I quickly got us some apples and cherries.

Then, we were off to the playground! We met up with friends, Julian, Max, Shawn, Joe, Meg, and Kate. Kate was celebrating her 3rd birthday. Vincent stayed at the park to play while I went to pick up Tyler. We came back and played a little more before going home to make dinner.

On the ride home, I gave both boys a PEZ dispenser with candy each. I was going on about all the sweets Vincent has had today and how there won't be a dessert this evening, when he chimed in, "And, I had a cupcake at Kate's party..." Oh, I missed that one! I totally don't mind, but it was just a funny moment for me.

Dinner tonight was chicken sandwiches. We used the basil mayo and green goddess dressing from Monday's Panacea meal, along with their tomato jam. Vincent's didn't have tomato. Tyler actually just had chicken and applesauce. We also had sauteed kale, which both boys ate a little of. Yeah, even Tyler!

Finally, the evening ended with Star Wars, Episode IV. Tyler watched the beginning with us, then went to bed. Vincent loved it. TONS of questions, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment