Thursday, December 8, 2011

Welcome Back Daddy!

Three days in San Francisco. While there, Occupy San Francisco, located right outside of his building, was forced to vacate early Wednesday morning, at about 1am. Thank goodness David was already back at the hotel and sleeping when this happened. The next day, there were still remnants of the event, as well as police in riot gear. And, as the day (Wednesday) went by, protestors continued to show presence in the area, readying themselves for hostility, but David saw none.

But, now he's home, safe. And, sick. That makes the whole family. 

Not a whole lot happened to report, otherwise. The boys were really happy to see him in the morning. Rather than get them something for San Francisco, we decided to let them have one of their Christmas gifts early (David said he brought it from SF) - Ninjago swords with sheath backpacks. Sorry, I don't have a picture! But, I have pictures of our dinner tonight!
This was Tyler's creation.
This was Vincent's creation.
And, this was the grown-ups pizza.
We also had another one that became too charred during cooking. This dough turned out really well. I had made it a couple of weeks ago and froze it. I pulled it out of the freezer a couple days ago to defrost, and my delay in using it allowed it to rise slowly. I think this made a difference. The dough came out super pliable, but not delicate, and the end product was delicious and chewy. I still think I needed a little more salt in the dough, but there was enough in the topping to make up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment