Friday, December 9, 2011

Sickness Continues & Epsom Salt

I felt pretty awful this morning. I took the boys to the gym, and opted not to exercise. It's been a long time since I've done something like that. But, it was nice to take a leisurely shower, then sit and work on Christmas cards. 

One of the things I am most thankful for in my life is my gym membership. I guess specifically Pro Sports Club on Eastlake. And, I love that I have my gym friends. Most of them are moms, like myself, and we can share advice and stories, etc. 

For example, this morning I mentioned to one mom about how we've all been sick and we keep passing it back and forth. She said that she always adds a cup of epsom salt to her kids' bath. Recently, her nanny gave the kids a bath, and she forgot to mention the epsom salt thing, and the kids ended up getting sick soon after. Coincidence? Don't know for sure, but she's definitely going to make sure they get it in there every time. I think it helps with little aches and pains in general. 

When I told David about this, he immediately looked it up online (I'm married to a Geek, remember?). For what it's worth, here's a link to some info on it:
Seems like a wonderful thing.

This evening, we went to dinner with friends at a pizza place with a kids play area. It was crazy in there. At one point, David and I were sitting and watching the scene and we said it almost felt like we were actually in someone's house for a party, because kids were just all over the place like they owned the joint. Nobody seemed to feel like they needed to act a certain way because they were in a restaurant. We all just seemed to chill and let the kids be. I felt sorry for the servers, though. It was so fun to see our friends, even though all of us, them included, were a under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment