Monday, December 12, 2011

Indoor Playground, Haircut, and Mexican Food

For our afternoon together, Vincent and I went down to Columbia City to the gymnastics academy for their afternoon indoor playground. My friend, Jen, hot-tipped me on this last week, saying that it's not very busy during this session, as opposed to the one in the morning. Normally, we would be at home for Tyler's nap, but Ty was in daycare today.

Vincent had a really good time! He was the oldest/biggest kid there. I had to remind him once to be careful of the smaller children there, and one time I had to tell him he was being rude to another kid. Other than that, he did really well. He remembered the rules from previous times, waited his turn, and, aside from the one time, was cautious around the other kids. 

Afterwards, we had a little bit of time, so he got a haircut. I don't have a picture of his new do, sorry. He still loves sitting in the little firetruck, even though he's getting a bit big for it.
Tonight, I made an herbed pork tenderloin, glazed baby carrots, and roasted potatoes for dinner. I tried poaching the pork, but got impatient. I ended up searing and roasting it in the oven. It came out perfectly, though. I didn't eat for dinner. It was for my guys. I went out to dinner with Lucy, instead.

We went to Monday at Sitka and Spruce. It's Mexican food created by one of the wait staff, Alvero. Oh, yum. Seriously, yum. And, I was afraid it would be really spicy, but it wasn't too bad. Maybe it's because of my plugged up sinuses, but I think it was just super flavorful without being powerful. I had a shot of tequila, although, I just sipped it. It might have been more effective to clear my system of this awful cold if I actually just downed it in one gulp. It was such a nice dining scene, not like my days down in Rosarito Beach, I didn't want to seem too wild. Ha! Ha! Me? Wild? 

No comments:

Post a Comment