Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas {2011}

Today was a more laid back day than yesterday. Vincent was first to wake up, so I got up with him and we hung out in the living room until the rest of the family joined us. He showed a lot of will power and restraint with presents. First, he surveyed the scene, and remarked that there were no new presents under the tree. He was sad about this, and I assume he thought that Santa decided not to bring him and Tyler presents after all. I don't blame him, as he was acting pretty naughty yesterday, leading up to his birthday party. I told him he should take another look to be sure. 

A-ha! He spotted two new presents, wrapped with different paper than the rest. And, he saw that there was one candy cane each, hanging from his and Tyler's stockings. That has been our "Santa Signature" that David has been leaving for the boys each year. We toned it done a lot this year, with just those two. In the past, David has hung them all over the tree. Not necessary, as they don't get eaten.

Speaking of tree...This is my parents' tree this year.
Total Charlie Brown tree come to life! My dad bought this tree years ago, when my mom finally gave up the plastic tree we grew up with. It was much smaller when he got it, and I think he moved it to this larger pot as it grew. They only used it the one year, and eventually stopped putting up a tree. I insisted on one this year, though we went back and forth about it. Finally, I suggested we try to straighten this one up, and bring it inside. As we were out the other day, Ma took care of it, and had it all set up by the time we got home. As sad as it may look, it really did complete Christmas.

Back to Christmas morning!

Everyone got up, and though we tried to make the gift opening as low key and calm as we could, it still got to be quite the exciting event. Both boys got what they asked Santa for: Vincent wanted the Ninjago Brickmaster set, and Tyler wanted a green remote control train. Santa also brought them some stocking stuffers, and David and I gave them matching pajamas and each a super hero cape. 
In the evening, my sister brought over last night's leftovers for dinner, and we cooked up a couple of extra veggies. We enjoyed a quiet dinner and ate these cookies I have been eyeing since our arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment