Sunday, December 4, 2011

Vincent's Jam-packed Day

Saturdays are busy for us in general, but it was especially busy for Vincent today. 

First, he had Chinese school. While he and I were there, David took Tyler to a holiday party at a neighborhood family's house. I've known this couple for many years now, through another friend. They moved into our neighborhood recently, and their little girl even goes to Vincent's preschool! David and Tyler represented for us, but Vincent and I were able to show up for the very tail-end, as people were leaving. We made out with a tray of cinnamon rolls that I took with me to work to share with the crew.

After that party, we hurried home, and got Vincent ready for his next party and myself ready for work. I dropped him off at Max's birthday party, and watched in amazement as more and more kids arrived. Drop-off party with many kids. Wow. Those are brave parents. David and Tyler took the bus there a couple hours later to pick him up.

This evening, David had Tom over for dinner. I made him a kit with chicken skewers, already marinated, Brussels sprouts with pancetta and carrots, and instructions for roasting fingerling potatoes. All he had to do was follow directions and put it all together. He did great. All that remained from dinner was 1-1/2 pieces of roasted potatoes. Which was yummier than I make them, I think.
Apparently, the boys were a little bit too excited to sleep at bedtime. Tyler kept coming downstairs to tell Tom stuff, like, "Tom, you stay here and say 'hi' to Mommy, then go home."

No comments:

Post a Comment