Friday, December 30, 2011

Almost Normal, Again

Aside from my inability to get caught up, or sit down for a minute, things are starting to get back to normal. It felt like a typical Friday with the boys going to the gym with me, again. Their favorite friend, Eva, was also there. This makes them wild with excitement. Whew! I got to catch up with Eva's mom, Andrea, which is always great. Girl talk is nice.

We came home for lunch. I made the boys grilled cheese sandwiches with  good ol' American cheese. Maybe it was the salted butter on the bread, or the gooeyness of the cheese, but Vincent raved about his sandwich. Tyler, not so much. He ate it, but reluctantly. The kid's just not that into sandwiches. Weird. I guess I didn't really like sandwiches until I moved to Seattle (honestly), but a grilled cheese? C'mon!

After lunch, I dropped Vincent off at his friend, Henry's house. Tyler and I then went to get Buster and Stella a couple of new cat toys each. That was fun for them when we got back. Too soon, it was time for Tyler to take a nap.

I let the boys veg out on Netflix for about an hour while I prepared dinner. Tonight, we had homemade mac 'n' cheese, with MORE American cheese! I accidentally let the garlic toast in the pan, but this added a little depth to the overall flavor. "Depth." Ha! I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for, but, it'll do. Nice, toasty, cheesey Mac. Ooh, and I put broccoli in it, too. I used American cheese, as mentioned already, and provolone. It came it so nice and creamy. 

After dinner, we headed to U Village to find a birthday gift for a friend of Vincent's. When we got there, David spotted Menchie's. He's never been, and was easily lured in. 

Maybe it was all the sugar from dessert, or his afternoon was too long, but Tyler could not get to bed tonight. Finally, at 10pm, I offered him a bit of warm milk. He didn't come out of the room again after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment