Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tyler Starts Gymnastics

This morning, at 9:30am, Tyler's new toddler gymnastics class started...without us. I thought it was 10am, even though I didn't double check my calendar. We got down to the area before the start time, and I thought, "Cool! We have time for coffee!" We went to the bakery, I had a latte and we each had a pastry. It wasn't until we pulled up to the facility that I thought to myself, "I think class actually started a half hour ago." Oops! I'm going to defend myself by saying that David's been out of town the past couple of days and Ty and I have been sick.

Nonetheless, we made it for the last 20 minutes or so, and Tyler joined the class without a hitch. I wasn't sure if he'd make a fuss being the last to show up (something Vincent would have done). I was so pleasantly surprised with how easily he transitioned in. And, with his recent cold, I think it was just the right amount of time for him to be active.

At the end of class, his teacher asked me his age, and was surprised when I told him. She said, "He speaks so eloquently. And, he called me by my name." Well, well, well. My eloquent little boy.

Hi had a sitter tonight. I treated myself to the most delicious rabbit dish I've ever had at La Bete. It was a black pepper papperdel pasta with braised rabbit. Butter. Butter. Butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment