Monday, December 26, 2011

A Busy Day in So Cal

I posted on Facebook that I had 3 tickets for Legoland that I was willing to part with for a pretty good deal. My cousin, Sophia, responded with interest in them. I was thrilled to find out that she is in town, since she lives in Nevada. We chatted on the phone a few days ago, and made plans to meet up this morning so she can take the tickets off my hands, and more importantly, have a play date! I haven't seen her for about 10 years, before either of us had kids.

We met a KidSpace in Pasadena. Sophia has a 4.5 year old son, named Kai. There's a playground outside, so we let the boys all play in the sunshine to start. Then, we headed into the children's museum, where it was super packed with families. Nonetheless, the kids had a great time. Kai and Vincent rode on this tricycle track, squirted water, climbed giant (fake) vines, and chased each other around. Tyler went at his own pace, so David hung out with him. 

Check out these cousins!
Afterwards, David found an In N Out about 10 minutes away. We were so there.
Our next stop was to the home Su Fu, a Buddhist monk who has been a friend of my family for 30 years. We paid her a visit to thank her for gifts she gave us recently. While there, she took both boys around her house and taught them to pray to the different alters. Both boys were not shy with her, which was such a surprise. Then, Vincent took David around and taught him what to do. Very cute.

And, lastly, we left the boys under my family's care, again, this evening. David and I went out to Santa Monica to meet up with Seattle friends, Gabe and Sarah. Yup, that's Gabe from last week. Sarah is his wife, and our friend, too. We got to see their new place, then ate dinner at a bar called, Alibi Room, for Korean tacos. YUM.

Yes, we did quite a lot today. And, yes, there's a bit of an eating theme to our trip. Let me just run through all the places we've eaten out at:
-In N Out (x2)
-Yoshinoya
-Tangier
-El Cochinito
-Zeidler's Cart at Skirball Cultural Center
-Alibi Room
-Four Seas
-85(degrees)
And, tomorrow, we're meeting my sister at Da Bok Tofu Restaurant for lunch. There are so many other interesting places we'd like to eat at, too. I'm getting squishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment