Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowflake Jog-A-Thon 2011 & The Ninja Cookies

It was Secret Garden's annual Snowflake Jog-a-thon today. Thank goodness David was able to join us for it this year. I believe last year he was in San Francisco. It's always a bit of a chaotic event, but with the boys being bigger (and more rambunctious than ever), I am so glad I had a bit of help. Last year, a friend had said that the kids gets quite rowdy by Pre-K age. She wasn't kidding!!

Nonetheless, it was mostly a good time for us all. Vincent did have to take a time- out for ganging up on Tyler with another boy (poor TyTy), then he and a couple other kids all knocked each other down at the start of the run. He must've hit the chair that was acting as a divider for the "track" when he fell because he complained about his hip really hurting. I comforted him for a couple of minutes and gave him the choice of stopping or finishing. He went back out once, and came back to my lap. I comforted him some more, reminding him that it'll be his last chance to do this run, but he didn't have continue. He opted to go back and was able to get about 3-4 laps in. They'll add a few to his numbers for those of us who sponsored him.

The funny thing is, when I reminded him that he'll get a candy cane when he is done, he said, "I don't want the candy, I want the little mouse!" Huh? I guess he saw the other kids received a little stuffed mouse, too. Wow. It always amazes what kids pick up on.

Oh, and there was singing. Vincent wasn't too into it at first, but by about halfway through, I could actually hear his voice, too. 
Doing the Nutcracker dance.
Last lap.
At the end of the run, Tyler joined in, but it happened too quick for us to get a photo.

And, this evening, I worked hard to get Vincent some Ninja iced sugar cookies made for his "crown day" tomorrow. Boy, oh boy, that was a lot of work. But, he'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment