Monday, January 10, 2011

Singing

My kids amaze me all the time. Lately, it's their singing. We listen to a lot of music, of all kinds. Much of it is kids' stuff, but Vincent's become more and more interested in our music (Thank GAWD!!).

Tyler doesn't have much of an opinion. Every so often he'll belt out something, like "Ponyo!," so I'll put that on for him. He is singing more and more each day. I'm amazed at what comes out of his mouth. Today, while sitting on the toilet, he did one of his little requesting for something gestures. It goes something like this: he touches me face, pulls me close, says whatever jibberish he's trying to tell me in a serious way, smiles and nods. He'll keep repeating this until I've figured out what he's trying to tell me. Gosh, I wish I can remember the song he was trying to sing. I think I finally figured it out because he was in tune. What was it? It was something pretty random that I didn't even think he was paying attention to. Ahhh, what was it?

Vincent really likes Arcade Fire's new album, Suburbs. It's in our car's CD changer right now; has been for months. He hums along to most of the songs, and even has favorites & ones he doesn't like as much.

*9:45pm - I remembered the song Tyler was trying to sing to me. It's a song about having "peace like a river in my soul..." So sweet.

One other thing I wanted to make sure I don't forget, we believe that last night/this morning Vincent slept a straight 12 hours for the first time in his 4 years of life. There was once (maybe twice) when he almost slept that long, but missed 12 hours by like 10 minutes. This morning, he went PAST 12 hours! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment