Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another Rough Night

I suppose my post title says it all.  Although, it wasn't quite as bad as two nights ago.  There were no messes to clean up, thankfully.  Just a certain 22 month old who woke up sad and needing extra comfort in the middle of the night.  I stayed with him for a short time, and David stayed with him for a longer time.  He asked to pee a couple of times, which we each took turns taking him.  Finally, I had to put my foot down.  I put him in his crib and did not pick him up again.  I was very loving towards him, stroked his face and hair as I comforted him without holding him.  He was pretty upset, but eventually went to sleep.  I think.  I mean, I know he eventually fell back to sleep, as did we, but I can't remember if that was it, or if David had to go back again to comfort him.  I'm sure you can forgive me for not remembering the exact details.

This morning, Vincent was up around his usual time, but as he opened their bedroom door, it woke Tyler, too.  He was a bit cranky, but when asked if he wanted to go back to sleep, he replied, "Hungry."

On Wednesdays, Vincent goes to preschool and Tyler and I have a class at Seattle Central.  Usually, Ty only sort of likes being there.  Today, he was mostly content. At one point, he saw from across the room one of the teachers getting the snacks ready, turned to me, grabbed my face & got up close and whispered excitedly, "Booty, Mommy."  As in Pirate's Booty.  As expected, he ate snacks happily, then actually participated in circle time, only stopping briefly to play with some toys and climb the slide, then coming back to sing and dance some more.

This week, I also started to play some Chinese story CD's in the car for the kids.  We've been listening to Disney stories that I borrowed from the library in English, so I thought maybe it's time to try Chinese.  The set that my mom gave me a few months ago is a bit advanced, even for me, but the kids seem to be into it.  At least Vincent, from what I can tell.  Tyler seems to like the funny music.

Oh, and I almost signed Vincent up for a toddler hip hop dance class at the community center.  But, it's been cancelled due to nobody signing up.  Yes, hip hop dance.  You should see this kid dancing to the Kinect Dance Central game!

No comments:

Post a Comment