Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oy!

We did not have dinner at Local 360 tonight. Parking in Belltown's a bit of a nightmare. I was sort of nervous about it, so when Sheila called and said she'd been circling the neighborhood, I was happy to come up with an alternative. Tutta Bella for pizza. Three words: FREE COVERED PARKING.

But, first, the accident...
Yup, this is my little buddy, Vincent. He was hopping down the steps in front of our house on our way to the car, on our way to dinner, when he lost his balance. Sigh. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but he did get scraped up, and he did cry (or shall I say scream?) dramatically. As upset as I was about how it happened, I couldn't get angry with him. All I could do was rush over, pick him up and hug him. As I was cleaning him up, I did ask him if he could tell me why he thinks he fell. He knew the reason, and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I was jumping on the steps," all teary-eyed and wheepy. I assured him that I was not angry, but that he needs to remember that we don't play on stairs. And, I told him that even though it hurts, it's not very bad and it could have been worse, so I'm thankful that he's okay. And, as you can see from his picture, he's totally okay.

The boys shared a pizza with Sheila's boy, but I think all of them would've eaten another. Unfortunately, the service at Tutta Bella tonight was painfully slow, and our children were not holding up. We rushed them out, and when the boys and I got home, I made them boxed mac 'n' cheese with broccoli, which they gobbled down.
It seems like we're always eating.  What can I say? I love food.

2 comments:

  1. cuties! i always use those opportunities to tell the boys that i don't tell them not to "jump on the stairs" (or whatever) to be mean, but rather to keep them safe.

    and ya, my kids eat an entire TB pizza on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vincent did the jumping thing again, THREE times today. Punk.

    Wow, that's impressive that J & M can eat a whole pizza on their own. My kids pretend like they like pizza, but when the time comes, they barely touch it...unless, of course, we don't order enough.

    ReplyDelete