Saturday, January 15, 2011

Boys' Morning, Sushi, & Birthday Party

Vincent did not have Chinese school this morning. David asked him last week if he would like to go to class with him & Tyler, to which he said, "yes." This morning, when asked again, he was very excited and still wanted to join them. So, I got a couple of hours to myself. Man, that time flew by fast!

I met up with my boys for lunch at our favorite Saturday lunch spot, Genki Sushi. A classmate, Finley, and her dad were there, too. Tyler was excited to see her, which was too cute. Then, one of the teachers from class showed up for lunch with a friend. Both boys were thrilled to see him. Vincent asked him a bunch of questions and told him a bunch of stuff. And, Tyler said his name, Daniel. In fact, Daniel and Finley are a couple of the handful of names he can say.

There was a de-rail of the sushi train, to which Tyler gestured, "What happened?"

Vincent enjoys eating string bean rolls, udon, and yogurt drinks when we're there.

After lunch, David dropped Vincent and I off at Rhys and Annika's Robot/Princess, or Princess/Robot, birthday party. We got there just as everyone was settling into a circle in various costumes and talking what they were pretending to be.
Vincent was the second boy to the right of the facilitator (with the gold headband), wearing a green cape. When asked who wanted to go first, he quickly raised his hand. He said his name and said he's a superhero, but didn't quite understand the part about what his power was. After a couple of other children had their turn, he raised his hand again, and patiently waited for the gal to call on him. The said, "Actually, my name is Robin, and my super power is flying." All the grown ups were so amazed at the children's listening skills and manners.

They all had a chance to make a wand & used them to do their super power.

After the party, Vincent and I walked back home, just a few blocks away.

While I made dinner, Vincent painted a wooden rocket ship, pretty much all on his own, Tyler played with play dough, and David chatted on the phone with his brother. We were all gathered in the kitchen together, but had our own thing going on. It was pretty neat.

2 comments:

  1. love the new look of the blog! i can't believe how well behaved your boys are when you guys go out to eat. mine are such terrors we hardly ever do it cause it's not that much fun for anyone. glad to see you guys make it work.

    i also wish that i had the energy to take the boys on the bus in the evening. i guess i used to do it when jayson worked downtown. the kids love the bus.

    missing you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen. It was fun giving the blog a facelift, and it's been nice posting daily. I feel like I'm boring, but I also feel caught up. Before, I wasn't ever quite sure where to begin after a long break. My mom's been lovin' it lately.

    It was worth it to take the kids on the bus downtown cuz I knew I'd have David, and they barely rested, so I wanted out of the house. It's about the only cheap thing we can do in this crappy weather.

    I'm totally missing you, too! It felt weird not to see you at Miller on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete