Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Highlights

It's late. I just now have a chance to post, and my brains a little mushy. It's been a good day, but busy. Not busy in the "I got so much accomplished" sort of way. Unless, of course, you count getting your children to all the necessary places at the necessary times, feeding them 3 meals a day with a snack or two in between, and getting them to bed without any meltdowns as accomplishing a lot. Oh, and getting both of them to take an afternoon nap. These simple tasks keep a mom busy, I tell you. 

Today's highlights:
-The boys and I all wearing puffy vests.
-Tyler making it through most of circletime at our tots class.
-My friend, Robin, calling Vincent mellow. I think he's got her fooled, but I was flattered.
-Learning that Tyler doesn't like just any kind of noodles...soft and mushy are not okay by him.
-Vincent running out of preschool screaming, "Mommy!" with a huge smile on his face and so excited to show me his art project. Then, his teacher telling me he had a really good day at school.
-Seeing the boys run up and down the sidewalk holding hands after picking Vincent up.
-Napping in a chair with Tyler napping in my arms for an hour. Sounds uncomfortable, but we haven't done that in months, and it was so sweet to hold him and watch him sleep.
-Vincent eating all the meals I fed him.
-Vincent taking kale off my plate tonight and asking if he can have some, then asking for more.
-The boys calmly playing Legos together in the living room while I cooked dinner.
-Eating Red Mango frozen yogurt while watching an episode of Garfield for dessert.
-Vincent and Tyler following simple dance steps of the bunny-hop instructed by yours truly.
-Sunshine.
-Hearing David tell me about his day at the office. I love knowing he is so happy in his new job.
-Roasted sunchokes.
-My amazing children.

**Not a highlight: getting a whiff of my cat's bad breath as he yawned just now. Pew.

No comments:

Post a Comment