Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back In Session

We went back to our regular schedule of classes this week. Vincent went to preschool Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and today he went to Chinese school. Tyler's back at Seattle Central, with me on Wednesdays and David on Saturdays. It's nice to have had the break, but I'm happy to be back to a routine.

I normally don't go into Vincent's Saturday classroom, but I was supposed to be one of the room parents. Although the teacher said she didn't need us, the other room parent and I went in towards the end of class to sit in on the lesson, and just in case she needed us. Turns out, we were helpful! I love watching him learn. He was only sort of participating, but he wasn't causing disruption, so that's a relief. Here he is during circle time, listening attentively to a story (he loves stories).


This morning, Vincent also received a belated birthday gift from his friend, Sabriya, whom we gave a ride to Chinese school. She gave him a Legos set; his first real one. You know, the little pieces, not the big Duplo kind. He was so excited. As I prepared our lunch, he started working on them. Legos have come a long way since my days of playing with them.

While the kids napped this afternoon, David went to the alehouse and watched the SEAHAWKS KICK THE SAINTS ASSES! He came home and got us, and returned to the alehouse for dinner with Seth and his kids. When Seth got there, David held Alexis for him while he got situated with their stuff. I was amazed at how much fun those two were having together. David kept putting his hat on her head, and she giggled and giggled. They were so sweet.

After the alehouse, I took Vincent next door to have dessert. We sat next to the kitchen, where we were able to watch the pizza guy cooking. Vincent watched him tossing the dough and said, "When he tosses the dough in the air, the dough says, 'Weeeee!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment