Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drama Class and Expensive PJs

Vincent had his first drama class this morning. It turns out that we knew one other family so that was a nice surprise. The great the children at the door and do a little activity with them outside the classroom that involves the topic of the story they will learn about and then they're lead inside. At the end of the class, when parents pick up, the kids pretend to be statues and parents are given a line that we must say to them and they respond with something, too. When Tyler and I walked in, Vincent was not frozen and said, "I don't want to be a statue." He was asked to sit down and wait for me, which he did, but when I said my line, he refused to respond. Oh well. I told him after class that part of the learning process for this class is to do that closing activity. Hopefully next week he'll feel up for it. But, all-in-all, he seemed to enjoy it.

Tyler and I went to the Center House to pass the time. He ate a light snack and played in the playroom. I've only been up there one other time, which was when Vincent was a baby. It was exactly the same; small, with a few toys, clean, and with a huge TV with Sesame Street on. Hmmmm. Tyler only sort of payed attention to the TV. Oh, there's a slide in there, which I don't remember from before. It was free and he enjoyed himself.
After Vincent's class, he practically begged to eat in the Center House. I told him just this week. Sheesh, it can get to be an expensive class when all is said and done with keeping Tyler entertained and lunchtime. I'm gonna have to start packing a lunch for us all, or enforce eating at home. Probably the latter, since it was my original plan. Plus, if I keep buying expensive pajamas like I did after lunch...

I hadn't intended on them being so pricey. In the last couple of days, I realized that the boys don't have any matching pajamas. I know, for shame, Mommy. Yes, it's a little frivolous of me to want them to have matching PJs, but it's so cute. Anyway, the Cotton Caboodle outlet is just down the street from the Seattle Center. They make super comfy clothes. I haven't been there in years, so I thought I'd see if they had something. They don't actually have pajamas, but they have separates that can be used as so. Not only did I find matching tops and bottoms for the boys, I found a set for myself. Sorry, David, not men's clothing there. But, yeah, they weren't cheap, since I bought the pieces separately. Apparently, though, Fred Segal sells the pants the kids got for about double the price. And, I'm wearing mine right now and they really are so super comfortable.
Oh yeah, they're wearing theirs, too.

We're having dinner with our friends at Local 360 in Belltown tonight. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment