Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!!

Ahhhh, it's a new year, once again.  As we were winding down 2010, I had several images of myself sitting down and documenting all sorts of memories for the past year.  And, now, here I am, January 1st, and I did nothing.  No year-end recap of any sort.  I did start a list of highlights for each month of '10, but not every month got filled in, and then I sort of forgot about it.  And, I did spend about 5 minutes one day thinking about what albums I was going to vote for being the best this year for KEXP's Top 100 Albums of the year.  I came up with 2; the only two new albums we purchased in 2010. 

With that said, I will tell you two things about the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, one for each year:

1) Our New Year's Eve night out - I was able to get us a babysitter for last night about a month ago.  Sweet.  I thought that I also made us a reservation at my new favorite restaurant, La Bete, a few weeks ago.  I asked David to give them a call 2 days prior and double check if I actually did make that reservation.  Nope.  But, lucky for us, the General Manager is a friend, and he squeezed us in for two seats at their food bar at 9:30pm.
We ran into 4 friends there, had front row seats to watch the talented Tyler Moritz cooking, got to toast in the new year with some old friends, and were able to see fireworks shooting out of the Space Needle at midnight.  Not to mention the awesome food we ate.  It was a great night.

2) I woke up this morning with a bit of headache.  Ack!  But, half a cup of coffee later, I was ready to start getting the house set up for our New Year's Day breakfast!  We had over about 10 other adults and 8 other children.  I cooked up a bunch of sausages, eggs and microwaveable mini pancakes.  We were busy, but it was a great morning.    Tyler passed out soon after everyone left, and Vincent is with David at the elementary school playing with his birthday R/C car.  I have a cat on my lap, while typing this post. 

Which leads me to my new year's resolution.  My 2011 resolution is to post on this blog everyday.  I might even change the name of the blog to reflect this goal.  Hmmmm.  So, check back often, as I will have lots to say about everything, anything, and nothing.

Happy New Year!

**After Tyler woke from his nap, I took him out on the trike to find David and Vincent.  The boys ran around the school yard, and Vincent pushed Tyler on the trike a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment