Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Canton Noodle House

We tried out a new community center this morning. I had heard that it might be better for the younger kids, like Tyler's age, but I think Vincent enjoyed it just as much because it was different. He was excited to see that "they have three little bouncey houses!" I was amazed that Tyler did not immediately ask for a snack, and only did after Vincent said he was hungry.

After the community center, we had lunch at an old favorite spot of mine and David, Canton Noodle House. Gosh, we ate there so much the first few years we were together. I don't think we have been back since before I was pregnant with Tyler. The owner remembered me, though, and said, "You have two now."

Unfortunately, I forgot they are cash only until we started ordering. I had $6 and some change. That afforded us one small bowl of their regular noodle soup with vegetables, plus tax and tip. She was so nice and offered to give me an I.O.U. Thankfully, my children eat small portions. We split that bowl, and to my surprise, Tyler ate slowly, and Vincent chowed down and asked for more. He even ate the leafy greens I gave him. That earns him an X-Large photo on today's post.
After he was done he said, "Next time we come here, I want to eat the same thing again." I asked him if he'd like his own bowl next time, and he said yes.

Oh, okay, Tyler can have his picture here, too.  Just smaller.
Oh yeah, I stashed fruit leather in my purse this morning and gave it to them to tie them over until our food arrived. Vincent said, "Whoah, we get to have dessert before our lunch!" But, lucky them, they got dessert after, too. She gave them lollipops! I bet they'll be happy to return for sure now.

No comments:

Post a Comment