Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seashells by the Seashore

Vincent started our day off by saying, "What in the world is this?", referring to two water shooters he saw in a bag in our room.

This morning, the boys and I headed down south to visit Stanley and Halina. Halina had a wonderful idea to take the boys down to Dash Point to play in the sand by the beach.

First, we had a little picnic. It's totally normal for kids to sit and eat a snack, but at one point, it dawned on me how well they were sitting there, enjoying themselves and chatting with me and Halina.

After the snack, they played in the playground a little, and then we walked along the beach looking for seashells. The kids got really into it, and we came home with a nice big handful of shells. On our way out, we even saw a seastar and sand dollar (both dead). Vincent's favorite find of the day was the barnacle shell.


Both boys fell asleep in the car on our way home. I was able to get Tyler into his bed to continue sleeping. Vincent and I went to the backyard to place the shells in the garden. We talked about the clam with a whole in it and the baby moonsnail shell I found. I explained to him how that whole came from a moonsnail, and should him what their shell looked like. It was a really sweet moment we had together.

After dinner, we went in the yard and David took up the canopy of the large tree. The boys took a couple of small branches and had a flower parade. The tree is in full bloom and smells so good.

And, finally, after we got the kids to bed, David and I went out on the deck to have a glass of wine and catch up on our day. Vincent came downstairs and said, "Daddy, I'm farting a lot up there. I think it's because I need to go poop." 

No comments:

Post a Comment